Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Meeting Gloria in Kampala


Wednesday morning was a surprise I thought I was meeting Gloria at the CI office but Chris the CI visit guy and Eddie the driver,  brought Gloria and her staff volunteer, Lydia to the Peace Cottage where I was staying.  From there we drove to the airport in Entebbe for lunch and then to the zoo.   I got to learn all about Gloria from Lydia.  She brought Gloria's records for me to look at.   Gloria is #1 in her class of 25.  I thought she had 2 younger sisters but there is only one.   With the family gifts I've sent the last 3 years the family now has 6 bred sheep and a bred heifer.  I'm impressed with the way the Compassion staff has helped her family to become more self-sufficient. 





Gloria and Lydia (please pray for Lydia's eyes she has a condition that makes her almost blind, she needs a miracle or new lenses for her glasses will help for a while or if she lived here an operation would fix them totally.)

 She loved her Fanta

 A new way to dry your hands.

 Decisions, Decisions

That's Chris from CI and Eddie our driver.  ( I was responsible for all costs which turned out to be more than I had figured-- lunch for 5, zoo entrance zees for 5)  Still it was worth it.


A walk thru the zoo.









Watching the Chimps




Some animals just would not turn around so . . .

I took their back side.







I was fascinated by the plants.






 It was evening by the time we got back to Peace Cottage and Gloria opened her backpack





That candy cane was her favorite of all.  I'll bet she ate them all on the trip back to Soroti.










Our good bye picture.  I think we were both a little sad our time together was over.




3 comments:

  1. Great photos!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! It looks like you and Gloria had fun!! I actually sent my sponsored girl in Uganda the exact same Barbie...a friend of my former sponsored Ugandan girl brought gifts back for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so beautiful! I bet you had a wonderful day together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so beautiful! I bet you had a wonderful day together.

    ReplyDelete