Monday, January 21, 2013

UG 609 CDC Kisoga
tour of the offices while waiting for Milly to arrive

Director


Health clerk







1st meeting


yes, I was close to tears it was very emotional for both of us

CSP room



Power house (aka kitchen)

Church


Milly introducing me to her classmates.  The older youth only get to attend the project during school breaks.  It was the perfect time for me to come.



Lawn mower (doesn't belong to the project)

garden will be planted soon

corn and banana garden

Money making projects




mushrooms for sale


best friend

Milly's mom isn't she beautiful?

Her younger brother


In her room

All the pictures I have sent her are here on the living room wall.

All the rest of the stuff I've sent





Bible stick to use when she commutes to Jinji for work


"sister" who now lives with the family


My gifts, hand made basket (by Milly) and fruit 

the Bible she had been praying for.


Handmade tray


Elementary school across the road





The front of the school looks better.

the country side


termite hill


Her family Mother, 2 brothers and 2 sister cousins who live with them



The village





The project compound is beautiful and spacious







 includes a school
More village pictures


Dress shop

Her mother's beauty shop

Other sponsored youth





Lunch beans and rice, Irish (aka potatoes) rice and cooked cabbage

CSP kids and moms


Staff

I think it was so worth it to get to visit Milly.  She will be graduating from the project in the next few months.  I hope to stay in contact with her.  She is an amazing young lady.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing so many photos - I loved them, especially the termite hill! Yikes! Milly looks so happy to be with you. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!!!! I looks like you had such a wonderful time!! Milly is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - all of it! Milly is beautiful and what a blessing for you to meet her, her family, her friends. What a gift.

    I'm curious why her hair is so much longer than most of the other girls....

    ReplyDelete